Prepare your home
Brace your home for a winter :
- Clean out the gutters.
- Caulk and weather-strip doors and windows.
- Close crawl space vents to block outside air.
- Schedule a tune-up on your furnace.
- Remove tree branches that could get weighed down with ice or snow and fall on your house.
- If you have a fireplace, clean it before using it.
- Make sure your furniture isn't blocking your heating vents.
- Finish those projects that have been on your to-do list. Contact a handyman and get the job done ASAP. Here's a link to a local handyman that can help.